Saturday, March 31, 2012

The way I want to Live...


Death is guaranteed (Probability of death = 1). So someday even I will vanish. My family members, friends, acquaintances, or people whom I have just known through phone or email, might or will cry. I have seen this happen, is happening and so have the feeling that it will be the same with me too. But I do not want only this or I do not want this at all. I want someone whom I do not know in any way to shed a few tears for me. This should not be because I died a painful death or because of any kind of sympathy. It should be because he/she had something to take from my life: the way I lived. 

When the Sun sets. Courtesy - Sivarama Krishnan Iyer (at Majorda Beach, Goa)

I want to live such a life. I do not think I will have to make sacrifices or compromise on the way I am living or want to, for this to happen. I believe or I have the confidence that this can happen by following my passion, living for it and enjoying it to the best. When I say this you might feel I am selfish, but this is what I want. 

Well, having said this, even I know that I can not feel or see what will happen after my death.

So, how do you want to live? You can share your thoughts, if you feel like it :-)

Cheeers.

5 comments:

  1. I feel that we should try to do something different in every stage of life..
    Doing different things is what will give us satisfaction...
    I'd rather live on this earth than go to heaven, bcos this is the life that has given me family, friends and the heaven described by ppl might not be the best place without the ppl and challenges..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like "the live on this earth than go to heaven" part!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel that satisfaction and happiness are relative terms. Well, having said that (hehe...no copyright issues), evolving every moment does give you both. And you have to do just "following my passion, living for it and enjoying" to achieve it. I believe in rebirths and so I believe in accumulating Karmas without attachment. Although difficult, this is one of the many ways, that I could understand, to move "ahead".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Viru, nice to know what you think about it. Reminds me of our discussions during your IISc days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel that having a passion and working to convert the same into reality will make our life cheerful.
    We would feel happy on certain occasions by fulfilling other's wishes.
    Comprises are an integral part of life from childhood until we become old. I feel that compromises to certain extent have to be made to maintain smooth relationships.

    ReplyDelete